Saturday, January 22, 2011

What's the Big Deal About Jesus?

How many times through the media and in conversations do you hear people working hard to diminish the influence of Jesus, criticizing the largest Christian community, the Catholic Church, and outright making fun of believers?

Think with me here. An ordinary carpenter's son came to earth and said, The Father and I are one. What? Come on! Yet, every year for hundreds of years more and more people all over the world become new believers. What's this all about? I wanted to know enough to spend ten years researching the origins of Jesus' messages and write my latest book From Jesus to Heaven with Love: A Parable Pilgrimage http://www.BarbaraGarro.com http://www.CambridgeBooks.us http://www.Amazon.com

Jesus has come into their lives, is in relationship with them, and one by one has become real for each one of them. That the only plausible explanation for the fact that the harder the non-believers try to make light of Jesus, His light shines brighter and His influence becomes heavier.

How? His miracles keep happening. His healings keep curing people. Prayers to His believers get answered day in and day out. Example? This Friday in January in Saratoga Springs, New York, I was walking home from the Senior Center and the cold wind kicked up, blowing stinging snow squalls into my face and I felt like I was walking in Alaska, and not too happy about feeling this cold for the rest of the half mile walk. Then, my attitute of gratitude came over me, knowing one by one the number of my friends who could not make this half-mile walk for a variety of reasons. And, I said, I love You, Jesus. Immmediately the wind became warmer, the snow stopped blowing in my face, and quickly the wind stopped blowing and the rest of my walk home was warm enough and pleasant.

A miracle? You tell me. Jesus feeling compassion for me? Didn't he stop the wind and waves on the sea of Galilee when His disciples were frightened they would die?

1 comment: